VANCOUVER, BC TELUS is connecting extra Canadians to our next-generation 5G community forward of schedule, reaching 70% of the Canadian inhabitants as a part of its important $54 billion funding in infrastructure and operations by way of 2024. We have now now proudly linked 744 city and rural communities – 129 greater than initially deliberate for the yr – to TELUS’ quick and dependable 5G community, demonstrating its dedication to connecting Canadians and driving exceptional social outcomes in our communities. The elevated connectivity, ultrafast speeds and responsiveness of this unprecedented expertise supply a leap in capabilities over 4G networks. 5G is unleashing human productiveness and contributing to improved well being and academic outcomes, supporting environmental sustainability, fostering entrepreneurship, bridging the socio-economic divide, and driving financial progress, which is essential to the nation’s fiscal restoration from the pandemic.
“The numerous investments we’re making in our world-leading community to quickly develop our 5G footprint is enabling us to attach residents [[across Canada]] to the folks, sources and important info they want as we proceed to navigate the worldwide pandemic,” mentioned Darren Entwistle, President and CEO. “Now greater than ever, TELUS is dedicated to preserving Canadians linked, productive and wholesome. Certainly, the continuing enlargement of our next-generation 5G expertise is bridging time and distance, permitting residents to reside and work in any neighborhood with out compromising productiveness or financial alternative. Importantly, as we glance optimistically towards a interval of financial and social restoration, our international main community will proceed to drive the innovation that empowers the variety and competitiveness of our nation’s personal sector and improves financial equality in our digital world, serving to us reply essentially the most urgent social challenges in well being, training and the setting for the good thing about all Canadians.”
TELUS’ 5G community progress
Canadians now have entry to TELUS’ 5G community from coast to coast:
- British Columbia: 202 communities
- Quebec: 245 communities
- Alberta: 151 communities
- Manitoba: 14 communities
- Ontario: 105 communities
- Atlantic Canada: 27 communities
Actively making a pleasant future
The evolution of 5G will permit us to attach greater than 30 billion life-changing gadgets, supercharge drones with sensors for improved crop administration, make autonomous autos smarter and safer, and evolve industrial automation – and that’s solely the start. To construct upon the probabilities of Canada’s subsequent technology networks, TELUS is working intently with key companions to deliver revolutionary options that can enhance the standard of life for Canadians and their communities, together with:
- The primary GM autos with built-in connectivity to TELUS’ high-performance 5G community are anticipated to be launched with the 2025 mannequin yr. With this collaboration, Canadians can count on, amongst different options, quicker navigation, mapping and voice providers when driving an all-electric and autonomous car.
- IBM Cloud Satellite tv for pc, paired with TELUS’ 5G edge computing platform, extends safe and open cloud providers to the sting of the community, serving to companies enhance efficiency and buyer expertise whereas assembly vital information safety and sovereignty necessities.
- Google Cloud and TELUS’ 5G community will generate new business options that can drive progress in adjoining industries by way of the supply of 5G providers and Multi-Entry Edge Computing, commencing with communications expertise, healthcare, agriculture, safety and automation.
Actively making a pleasant future by way of partnerships
TELUS has partnered with main educational establishments to unlock new methods for expertise to enhance Canadians’ lives with its 5G community:
- 5G Innovation Zone in Hub350 as a part of the Kanata North Expertise Park, Ontario
- Olds Faculty, Alberta
- St. Clair Faculty, Ontario
- College of Alberta
- College of Windsor
Constructing on our confirmed observe file of funding
These partnerships and investments add to TELUS’ continued dedication to deliver world-leading connectivity to communities throughout the nation, offering the technological spine for our financial restoration and power effectively into the long run. Since 2000, TELUS has invested almost $240 billion nationally in community infrastructure, operations, and spectrum to boost the protection, pace, and reliability of our networks.
The investments introduced on this media launch are in line with TELUS’ capital expenditure steering for 2021, as up to date in TELUS’ first quarter 2021 earnings’ launch, dated Might 7, 2021.