The drone trade, like aerospace normally, has fewer ladies. Girls and Drones started the “Girls to Watch” awards 5 years in the past to acknowledge and elevate these ladies, making different ladies conscious of the alternatives and developments within the trade.
“The WTW program elevates the complete UAS/UAM/AAM trade by recognizing those that are making a optimistic distinction in it,” says the Girls and Drones press launch.
Because it’s inception, the awards have grown. The drone trade has stepped as much as assist this system, with main names sponsoring awards and, for the primary time, enabling a financial micro grant of $500 for every honoree. As well as, the awards now honor these groups who work to include range and inclusivity of their missions.
Sharon Rossmark, Founding father of Girls and Drones, creator of the awards, and tireless advocate for range within the drone trade, tells DRONELIFE:
“It has been a tremendous trip to journey via the primary 5 years of celebrating ladies within the UAS trade. It’s a primary instance of letting your ardour information your goal.”
“An enormous due to CES, our sponsors, NASA and the FAA for his or her partnership and unimaginable assist. Thanks additionally to our worldwide panel of judges who had the tough function of reviewing the submissions. And lastly, a thanks to the exceptional ladies and firms who participated within the 2021 international search. Transferring ahead, we’ll proceed to lift the profile of ladies within the trade and companion with corporations dedicated to an inclusive tradition the place ladies can thrive.”
Girls to Watch in UAS: 2021
(The next is from a Girls and Drones press launch.)
- Bronwyn Morgan, Xeo Air – Recipient of the Iris Automation Entrepreneurship Award – Bronwyn Morgan is a Half 107 licensed pilot, FAA Security Consultant and FAA Drone Professional, and is the Founding father of Xeo Air, an AI based mostly drones on demand, knowledge analytics and autonomy platform for mission administration that connects shoppers in telecom, catastrophic response, oil and gasoline, vitality, development, civil infrastructure.
- Madison Jeffery, Swoop Aero – Recipient of the Skydio Public Security/Service Award – Madison Jeffery of Australia relies in Southern Malawi, the place she manages Swoop Aero’s flagship medical drone logistics community, which connects over 1.5 million individuals with important medical provides.
- Karen DiMeo, AERODiMEO LLC – Recipient of the Sabrewing Plane Management Award – As CEO, Karen DiMeo advises her shoppers on points associated to unmanned and superior rising applied sciences within the industrial aerospace ecosystem. Karen has 30 years of expertise within the aviation trade from each authorities and trade management positions.
- April Lanotte, STEM lead for NASA’s Aeronautics Analysis Mission Directorate – Recipient of the Unmanned Security Institute Schooling Award – In her present place with NASA, April Lanotte works on making aerospace science extra accessible to all academics and college students and works with engineers and material specialists on methods so as to add extra STEM alternatives into their missions.
The initiative additionally acknowledged excellent groups:
- Toni Drummond, CEO of International Aerial Administration Group – Recipient of the Volatus Aerospace Innovation Staff Award – International Aerial Administration Group, which operates a large number of turboprop and jet plane, is 100% Girls owned and operated. The UAS vertical is increasing and makes a speciality of drone sanitizing, disinfecting of each indoor and outside arenas, stadiums, faculties and different giant areas.
- Pharns Genece, CEO of USOG – Recipient of the FoxFury Staff Highlight Award – Unmanned Techniques Operations Goup (USOG) is a modern supplier of medical logistics options using UAS. The varied and inclusive crew of staff is led by Genece, who has 18 years of expertise as a extremely educated flight nurse with US Air Drive Medevac.
- Michael Healander, CEO Airspace Hyperlink, Inc – Recipient of the Girls and Drones Variety Exemplar Award – Airspace Hyperlink, Inc. builds the digital infrastructure required to assist drone use of all kinds, guaranteeing they’re secure, authorized and totally benefitting the group. 60% of the corporate’s management crew is feminine.
“Yearly at CES, tech leaders and promising entrepreneurs convene to share concepts, launch merchandise and forge relationships – all paving the way in which for our future,” mentioned Karen Chupka, EVP, CES, CTA. “We’re excited to host the Girls to Watch awards at CES 2022 and acknowledge the trailblazers, innovators, mentors and enterprise leaders making important contributions to the trade.”
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, an expert drone companies market, and a fascinated observer of the rising drone trade and the regulatory atmosphere for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles targeted on the industrial drone area and is a global speaker and acknowledged determine within the trade. Miriam has a level from the College of Chicago and over 20 years of expertise in excessive tech gross sales and advertising and marketing for brand new applied sciences.
For drone trade consulting or writing, E-mail Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife right here.